1. In this randomized, controlled trial of healthy menopausal women, hormonal therapy did not slow the progression of atherosclerosis.
2. Depending on the hormonal therapy, there were small improvements to lipoprotein cholesterol levels and insulin resistance.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the leading cause of death...
1. From a model of simulated health outcomes based on the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) estrogen plus progestin trial, the net economic return of the study was about $37.1 billion, or $140 per dollar invested
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: Although publicly funded research frequently evaluates patient outcomes,...
1. Androgen deprivation therapy increases the risk of acute kidney injury in patients with non-metastatic prostate cancer.
2. Past use of androgen deprivation therapy did not significantly increase the risk of acute kidney injury.
Evidence Rating Level: 3 (Average)
Study Rundown: Androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) effectively creates a hypogonadal state for...