1. There was no significant incremental improvement in CRP levels at 24 weeks for the combined CPAP and weight loss counseling group versus either intervention alone.
2. There was a suggestion of improved serum triglycerides and insulin resistance at 24 weeks for the combined intervention versus CPAP alone.
Evidence Rating Level:...
1. Weight loss and glycemic control are improved in the short term to a greater extent in nonmorbidly obese diabetic patients who have undergone bariatric surgery relative to nonsurgical intervention.
2. Gastric bypass was more effective than gastric banding for weight loss and glycemic control.
3. Since the literature does...
1. Obese employees randomized to group incentives lost more weight over a six-month period than those randomized to individual incentives or no incentives.
2. Three months after the intervention ended, group-incentive participants maintained greater weight loss than no incentive participants.
Study Rundown: During the six-month intervention, obese employees randomized...
Feb 21st - Patients who underwent bariatric surgery did not have overall health care costs lower than similarly obese patients who did not undergo surgery.
Image: PD. Worldwide % Obese (Dark = higher)
1. Patients who underwent bariatric surgery did not have overall health care costs lower than similarly obese patients who did not undergo surgery.