1. In two large prospective cohort studies, dietary saturated and trans-fats were linked to increased rates of mortality. Poly- and mono-unsaturated fats were associated with decreased mortality.
2. Replacement of 5% of daily caloric intake from saturated fats with either poly- or mono-unsaturated fatty acids was associated with significant reduction...
1. Omega(w)-fatty acids + macular xanthophylls supplementation did not improve primary composite outcome of cardiovascular (CV) mortality and morbidity.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: Several trials have investigated the effects of w-fatty acids on cardiovascular (CV) outcomes. More recent trials seem to point towards a lack of benefit...
1. In a meta-analysis, higher consumption of dietary marine polyunsaturated fatty acids was associated with a lower risk of breast cancer.
2. No beneficial association was found with either overall dietary fish intake or ALA intake (a non-marine polyunsaturated fatty acid).
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: The major finding...