1. Across 56 randomized controlled trials with 4,060 participants, psychosocial interventions were significantly associated with improved immune system function.
2. Immune system improvements persisted for at least six months post-treatment.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: Inflammation-related diseases account for a large portion of global mortality. Many RCTs have focused on...
1. Data analysis from the BABY HUG trial comparing immunologic function in children with sickle cell disease treated with hydroxurea versus placebo revealed that while absolute lymphocyte counts were lower in hydroxyurea-treated children, these numbers were still within the range of normal for healthy children.
2. By the end of...
Image: PD/Yutaka Tsutsumi, M.D.
1. Individuals with increased expression of Toll-Like Receptor 1 (TLR-1) were more likely to be seropositive for H. Pylori.
2. Genetic testing for H. Pylori is not yet justifiable without establishing clear clinical implications.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: In performing a meta-analysis on 2 independent Genome-Wide...