1. Overall, school-based programs that aim to prevent student from starting smoking are effective, reducing the rate of smoking initiation by 12%.
2. These interventions are more effective if taught by adults, and if they include a social competence approach.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: Especially in poorer countries,...
Jan 21st - 6,802 admissions are proposed to have been prevented by the legislation.
1. A 12.3% reduction in the number of children under 14 hospitalized for asthma-related reasons was observed in England after the passage of public space smoke-free legislation.
2. 6,802 admissions are proposed to have been prevented by...
Jan 19th - Pediatric providers were highly satisfied with the education program.
1. Online tobacco education programs motivated pediatric providers to initiate smoking cessation interventions for parental smokers.
2. Pediatric providers were highly satisfied with the education program.
An online smoking education program for pediatric providers increased the likelihood of providers initiating smoking...