1. In this randomized controlled trial, medication vouchers were associated with a small increase in patient-reported persistence with P2Y12 inhibitors for patients who had suffered a myocardial infarction (MI).
2. Medication vouchers were not associated with reduced major adverse cardiovascular events (MACE) in these patients.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
1. Use of ticagrelor resulted in similar rates of major bleeding compared to clopidogrel in patients with ST elevation myocardial infarction treated with thrombolysis.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: Antiplatelet therapy is a major component of management of acute myocardial infarction. Ticagrelor results in greater and more rapid P2Y12...
1. Treatment with ticagrelor significantly reduces mortality in patients with acute coronary syndrome when compared to clopidogrel.
2. Ticagrelor does not significantly increase the incidence of major bleeding.
Original Date of Publication: September 2009
Study Rundown: Clopidogrel is a commonly used medication in the management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS). A previous study...