Trials in the German Democratic Republic suggested to be ethically ambiguous... October 25, 2014
STIs and recreational drug use prevalent among swingers... October 25, 2014
Quantitative MRI may differentiate true from pseudoprogression in glioblastoma... October 25, 2014
Shortened tuberculosis treatment regimen inferior to standard... October 24, 2014
1. The incidence of infant invasive group B streptococcus (GBS) infection in the Netherlands has increased 60% despite the introduction of prevention guidelines in 1999.
2. During the period after implementation of prevention guidelines, genetic investigations found an increase of clonal complex 17 among cases of early-onset GBS disease and …
1. In older patients with colorectal cancer, laparoscopic surgery (LAP) resulted in overall survival (OS), disease-free survival (DFS), and cancer-specific survival (CSS) did not differ significantly when compared to more invasive open surgery (OP).
2. Colon cancer patients who underwent LAP experienced reduced morbidity and surgical complication events when compared …
1. A rat drug-relapse model of cocaine, heroin or nicotine addicted animals showed elevated activity of two specific enzymes, matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP-2) and matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) when rats, suffering withdrawal, were presented with cues they associated with drug dispensation.
2. Injecting rats with inhibitors of MMP-2 or MMP-9 …
1. Fine particulate matter concentrations were about 10 times greater in smoking versus non-smoking homes.
2. While non-smoking homes had fine particulate matter levels below the World Health Organization recommended levels, smoking homes had nearly 4 times the recommended levels.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: The …