CPAP use linked to improvements in resistant hypertension in OSA (HIPARCO Trial)... December 11, 2013 | 2MM
New gene associated with essential thrombocytopenia and primary myelofibrosis... December 11, 2013 | 2MM
Dose-response relationship noted between television watching and obesity [Pediat... December 11, 2013 | 2MM
PG-13/R movies similar in violence and risk behavior volume... December 10, 2013 | 2MM
The ACCOMPLISH trial: ACE inhibitors and calcium channel blockers for hypertension [Classics Series]December 10, 2013 | 2MM
1. Benazepril plus amlodipine offers the same effect at reducing blood pressure in hypertensive patients as benazepril plus hydrochlorothiazide.
2. Benazepril plus amlodipine was more effective than benazepril plus hydrochlorothiazide at reducing cardiovascular events in hypertensive patients at …
1. Pediatric trainees and intensivists report less autonomy and readiness for independent practice when training in an in-hospital attending coverage model versus a home-call model within the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
2. Almost all survey respondents, regardless …
In this section, we will highlight the key high-impact studies, updates, and analyses published in medicine during the past week.
Rates of Medical Errors and Preventable Adverse Events Among Hospitalized Children Following Implementation of a Resident Handoff Bundle
The Bogalusa Heart Study: Childhood weight status and cardiovascular risk factors [Pediatrics Classics Series]December 9, 2013 | 2MM
1. Children recruited for weight and cardiovascular risk assessment were found to have higher frequencies of cardiac risks factors as their BMIs increased.
2. Among the cardiovascular risk factors assessed, overweight youth had the highest odds of having …
1. Investigators found that children exposed to probiotics during pregnancy or the first year of life are equally at risk for asthma, wheeze, and lower respiratory tract infections.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: This meta-analysis aggregated …
1. The early addition of clopidogrel significantly reduced the incidence of infarct-related arterial re-occlusion within 30 days following myocardial infarction
2. Addition of early clopidogrel improved the outcomes of coronary angiography and decreased the need for early/emergent angiography …