Triple-combo chemotherapy improves survival for metastatic colon cancer [TRIBE s... October 22, 2014
Gut bacteria respond to daily rhythms and influence weight control... October 22, 2014
Price transparency leads to lower claims payments by patients and insurers... October 22, 2014
Prenatal air pollutant exposure linked to decreased pediatric lung function... October 22, 2014
1. Dopamine agonist drugs are used in the treatment of Parkinson disease, restless leg syndrome, and hyperprolactinemia.
2. Dopamine agonist drugs may be associated with compulsive gambling, hypersexuality, and binge eating or shopping.
Evidence Rating Level: 3 (Average)
Study Rundown: Previous work has suggested that impulse control disorders, such as …
1. Patients who received genetic and environmental risk assessment (GERA) were not more likely to initiate colorectal cancer (CRC) screening than those who did not.
2. Among patients who received GERA, there was no significant difference in screening between those of elevated versus moderate risk for CRC.
Evidence Rating Level: …
1. Overall, 21.2% of clinicians did not know that their patient had a central venous catheter.
2. Housestaff and critical care physicians were most likely to know if their patients had a central venous catheter compared to hospitalists and teaching attendings.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: Central venous …
In this section, we highlight the key high-impact studies, updates, and analyses published in medicine during the past week.
Goal-Directed Resuscitation for Patients with Early Septic Shock
The monumental Rivers et al publication laid forth the groundwork for early goal-directed therapy (EGDT) for sepsis management, a framework that has been …