Vitamin D supplementation does not reduce risk of falls... April 23, 2014
Higher blood pressure targets in sepsis did not reduce mortality... April 23, 2014
Ambulances equipped for thrombolysis allow for more rapid stroke treatment... April 23, 2014
Idiopathic intracranial hypertension: Key signs and symptoms characterized... April 23, 2014
1. The prevalence of celiac disease in children with Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) was found to be four times higher as compared to the general population.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: Recurrent abdominal pain …
1. Among women with early ER-positive breast cancer, continuing adjuvant tamoxifen for 10 years versus stopping at 5 years after diagnosis significantly reduced breast cancer recurrence, breast cancer mortality, and overall mortality
2. Patients treated with adjuvant tamoxifen …
In this section, we will highlight the key high-impact studies, updates, and analyses published in medicine during the past week.
Comparison of Balloon-Expandable vs Self-expandable Valves in Patients Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
The CHOICE Randomized Clinical Trial
1. Age, prematurity, respiratory rate, and oxygen saturation at initial presentation, in addition to history of wheezing/bronchiolitis, were not predictors for hospital admission in pediatric patients being treated with home oxygen for bronchiolitis.
2. Fever at initial presentation …