Palliative chemotherapy associated with more ICU treatment at end-of-life... March 7, 2014
Rigorousness of Phase III trials for lung cancer may be declining... March 7, 2014
Doxycycline may improve vision in nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy... March 7, 2014
Gender differences in mental health after moving from poverty... March 7, 2014
1. Warfarin therapy in chronic kidney disease patients with atrial fibrillation decreased incidence of death, myocardial infarction and stroke at 1-year follow-up.
2. The severity of kidney disease did not correlate to the rate of these outcomes.
1. Casino addition and expansion in tribal areas was positively associated with increased per capita income among American Indians
2. Casino addition and expansion was significantly associated with a decrease in overweight/obese American Indian children
Evidence Rating …
1. When compared to a lower dose, high-dose angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor significantly reduced the risk of hospitalization or death in patients with chronic heart failure
Original Date of Publication: December 7, 1999
Study Rundown: Physicians typically prescribe angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) …
1. Participants in a comprehensive family-based pediatric weight management program who were randomly provided with active video games lost more weight than their peers in the weight management program who were not provided with active video games.