Novel malaria drug clears parasitemia in phase 2 study... July 30, 2014
Blood cell folate concentration may accurately predict neural tube defects... July 30, 2014
Ezetimibe (Zetia, Vytorin) use declining after ENHANCE trial publication in 2008... July 30, 2014
Functional connectivity similar between autosomal dominant and late onset Alzhei... July 29, 2014
1. Women randomized to receive Vitamin D following treatment for bacterial vaginosis were more likely to have higher serum 25(OH)D levels.
2. Women randomized to receive Vitamin D following treatment with metronidazole had a similar prevalence of bacterial vaginosis at 24 weeks when compared to the placebo group.
Evidence Rating …
1. The MYD88 mutation was associated with a shorter survival rate in primary cutaneous diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, leg type (PCLBCL-LT).
2. The MYD88 mutation was positive in 59% of patients with PCLBCL-LT and was associated with older initial presentation and had higher likelihood of leg involvement.
Evidence Rating Level: …
1. In this randomized, controlled trial of healthy menopausal women, hormonal therapy did not slow the progression of atherosclerosis.
2. Depending on the hormonal therapy, there were small improvements to lipoprotein cholesterol levels and insulin resistance.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the leading cause …
In this section, we highlight the key high-impact studies, updates, and analyses published in medicine during the past week.
Efficacy of paracetamol for acute low-back pain: a double-blind, randomised controlled trial
Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen) is commonly prescribed as a first-line agent for acute lower back pain, however its …