Clinically undetectable ovarian and tubal tumors may be present in high-risk pat... September 18, 2014
PET-CT bests contrast CT for response assessment of lymphoma... September 18, 2014
Ultrasound as effective as CT at identifying high-risk kidney stones, reduces ra... September 18, 2014
Most anticoagulants for venous thromboembolism similarly effective... September 18, 2014
1. Patients with STEMI who underwent coronary artery thrombus aspiration before PCI did not have a significant reduction in mortality at 1 year of follow up.
2. Patients with STEMI who underwent thrombus aspiration before PCI did not have a significant reduction in the incidence of the composite of …
1. Treating recurrent C. difficile infection with infusion of donor feces resulted in significantly higher cure rates than treating with vancomycin-alone or vancomycin with bowel lavage.
2. Adverse events immediately after feces infusion included diarrhea, cramping, and belching.
Original Date of Publication: January 31, 2013
Study Rundown: Previous studies have …
1. Device-guided breathing was not associated with improved blood pressure as compared to active controls such as sham devices or music therapy.
2. Device guided breathing exercises may be a costly alternative to freely available relaxation techniques that may be equally efficacious.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
1. There was no significant decrease in the prevalence of cerebral palsy in pre-term children who received antenatal magnesium sulfate as compared to those receiving placebo intravenous normal saline.
2. While fewer infant deaths occurred in the magnesium sulfate group versus the normal saline placebo group, no significant mortality …