The CRASH-II trial: Tranexamic acid in trauma patients [Classics Series]... May 23, 2013 | 2MM
Artificial neural networks predict survival in brain metastasis patients... May 23, 2013 | 2MM
Early risk factor for progression of cystic fibrosis identified... May 22, 2013 | 2MM
Acellular Pertussis vaccine less effective than whole-cell vaccine... May 22, 2013 | 2MM
1. ICU patients with severe Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) who underwent prone positioning had lower 28-day and 90-day mortality rates than those who remained supine.
2. This mortality benefit appears to stem from superior oxygenation and a …
1. Rates of mental stress-induced myocardial ischemia (MSIMI) were significantly lower in patients taking escitalopram (Lexapro) vs. placebo at the end of 6 weeks.
2. Rates of exercise-induced myocardial ischemia (ESIMI) were not significantly reduced in patients taking …
1. Critically ill patients who underwent tracheostomy within the first 4 days after admission did not experience a reduction in all cause mortality at 30 days when compared to patients who underwent delayed tracheostomy (after 10 days).
2. The …
In this section, we will highlight the some of the recent high-impact studies, updates, and analyses published in the past week.
May 13 – 19, 2013
Human Infection with a Novel Avian-Origin Influenza A (H7N9) Virus
Reminiscent of past …
1. Conscious, intubated patients in the intensive care unit frequently experience significant anxiety, which can affect their clinical condition and often requires significant sedative use.
2. In the present study, patient-directed music therapy reduces both anxiety and sedative …
1. Childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) was associated with a greater body mass index (BMI) and obesity rate in adulthood when compared to controls; these associations remained after adjustment for socioeconomic status, substance abuse, and other mental health disorders.