Pain associated with elevated suicide risk in veterans... May 25, 2013 | 2MM
Iodine deficiency in pregnancy associated with poor cognitive development... May 25, 2013 | 2MM
Higher rate of thromboembolism associated with PICCs versus other CVCs... May 24, 2013 | 2MM
CT scans linked to cancer risk in children... May 24, 2013 | 2MM
1. Early adenotonsillectomy for children with obstructive sleep apnea was associated with improvements in symptoms, polysomnographic tests, behavior, and quality of life.
2. Black and obese children treated with adenotonsillectomy showed lower rates of normalization of polysomnographic findings, …
By Aimee Li, M.D.; Andrew Cheung, M.D.
1. Tranexamic acid significantly reduces all-cause mortality in trauma patients with significant hemorrhage.
2. There were no significant differences between the tranexamic acid and placebo groups with regards to the incidence of …
1. Artificial neural networks (ANNs), computer programs created based on the biology of functional neural networks, are ideal for analyzing complex clinical problems.
2. ANNs were better than traditional scoring indices and statistical tests at predicting 1-year survival …
1. Neutrophil elastase activity in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid at 3 months is a risk factor for persistent bronchiectasis at 12 months and 3 years of age.
Study Rundown: Bronchiectasis, the abnormal dilation of parts of the bronchial tree, …
1. Teenagers vaccinated with acellular pertussis (DTaP) in infancy were at a greater risk of developing pertussis than those vaccinated with whole-cell pertussis (DTwP).
2. Each dose of DTap vaccine put children at higher risk for pertussis infection …
1. ICU patients with severe Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) who underwent prone positioning had lower 28-day and 90-day mortality rates than those who remained supine.
2. This mortality benefit appears to stem from superior oxygenation and a …