1. A new evaluation algorithm for early-onset sepsis in neonates ≥ 34 weeks gestation incorporates both maternal and newborn clinical factors to stratify into 3 groups – treat empirically, observe and evaluate, and continued observation.
2. Usage of this algorithm may decrease antibiotic treatment for 80 000 to 240...
1. Higher rates of primary and secondary growth disorders were detected in children by automated growth monitoring (AGM) integrated into electronic health records.
2. Referral rates to specialists for suspected growth disorders also increased when automated growth monitoring was used.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
1. In the investigating the effectiveness of a diagnostic algorithm for pediatric chest pain, only minimal deviations from guidelines were noted between Boston Children’s Hospital and participating New England area providers.
2. Chest pain in children was rarely attributable to heart disease as only 0.2% of patients were diagnosed...