1. Therapeutic anticoagulation with rivaroxaban or enoxaparin did not improve clinical outcomes and increased bleeding compared with prophylactic anticoagulation.
2. Net clinical benefit composite of death, thrombotic events, and major or clinically relevant non-major bleeding was not significantly different between groups.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: COVID-19 is associated with...
1. In this randomized controlled trial, rivaroxaban and warfarin were similar in safety and efficacy when used to prevent early recurrence of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF)-related acute ischemic stroke.
2. Rivaroxaban was associated with reduced hospital length of stay.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: Patients that have...
1. Rivaroxaban is non-inferior to standard therapy of enoxaparin and vitamin K antagonist in treating acute, symptomatic deep-vein thrombosis
2. The risk of major and clinically relevant nonmajor bleeding was not significantly different when comparing rivaroxaban with standard therapy
Original Date of Publication: December 23, 2010
Study Rundown: The EINSTEN-DVT trial demonstrated...