Tag: Breast Cancer
#VisualAbstract: Addition of everolimus to letrozole improves survival in patients with HR⁺ breast cancer and disease progression on tamoxifenTeddy Guo -
Click to read this study in JAMA Oncology.
#VisualAbstract: Extended letrozole therapy improves disease-free survival in postmenopausal patients with breast cancerTeddy Guo -
Click to read the study in The Lancet Oncology.
#VisualAbstract: Trastuzumab emtansine monotherapy is noninferior to standard neoadjuvant therapy for ERBB2+ breast cancerTeddy Guo -
Click to read the study in JAMA Oncology.
Adjuvant celecoxib not associated with improved disease-free survival in patients with ERBB2-negative breast cancerYuchen Dai -
1. The study found no evidence of benefit to disease-free survival when 400 mg of celecoxib was administered once daily for 2 years in patients with ERBB2-negative breast cancer as compared to the placebo group. 2. Due to gastrointestinal and cardiac adverse effects related to COX-2 inhibition, longer-term treatment or...
Tamoxifen decreases recurrence rates at 25 years in lymph node-negative estrogen-receptor-positive and Erb-B2 Receptor Tyrosine Kinase 2-negative breast cancerMeagan Widerman -
1. Tamoxifen reduced the long-term risk of breast cancer metastasis or recurrence and improved survival, especially in large, low-grade progesterone receptor-positive, or Ki-67-positive patients, compared to no tamoxifen treatment. Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: Breast cancer is the most common cancer for women. Estrogen-receptor (ER)-positive breast cancer treatment currently...
Incidence of benign breast diseases and their association with age, family history of breast cancer, and hormonal activitiesMeagan Widerman -
1. The incidence of fibroadenoma, epithelial proliferation with and without atypia, and fibrocystic changes peak in women in their 40s, while cysts peak at 50. 2. Hormone-altering activities impact risk for benign breast diseases, including regular menstruation, parity, younger age of first birth, breastfeeding, oral hormonal contraceptives; obesity specifically reduces...
#VisualAbstract: Sacituzumab govitecan increased survival in metastatic triple-negative breast cancerConstance Wu -
1. Sacituzumab govitecan was shown to significantly increase overall survival in previously treated metastatic triple-negative breast cancer patients compared to single-agent chemotherapy treatment. 2. Sacituzumab govitecan was associated with more frequent events of myelosuppression and diarrhea compared to chemotherapy treatment. Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: Breast cancer patients with triple-negative status...
Clinicopathological heterogeneity in triple-negative breast cancers associated with variable prognosis and therapeutic outcomesYuchen Dai -
1. Heterogeneity in histological profile linked to improved overall survival, chemotherapy response, and clinical course despite triple-negative receptor status in three rare breast cancer histological subtypes. 2. Metaplastic breast carcinoma had the worst 5-year overall survival (OS) among the subtypes studied and factors associated with its poor prognosis included advanced...
#VisualAbstract: Early discontinuation of endocrine therapy may increase risk of breast cancer recurrence in premenopausal womenTeddy Guo -
Click to read the study in Clinical Cancer Research.