1. Vasopressin-steroids-epinephrine combination patients were more likely to have return to spontaneous circulation and survive to hospital discharge with good neurologic function.
2. Vasopressin-steroid-epinephrine combination patients with postresuscitation shock, given hydrocortisone, were more likely to survive to hospital discharge with good neurologic function.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: Given...
Image: PD Apoptosis regulator BAX protein
1. Right atrial tissue showed increased expression of genes promoting autophagy following ischemia-reperfusion injury.
2. Samples were obtained pre and post-cardioplegic arrest from the same patients, comparing each patients’ differential gene expression to themselves as controls.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: Atrial tissue sampled from...
Jan 23rd - 1 in 203 surgical patients experience cardiac arrest requiring CPR.
1. 1 in 203 surgical patients experience cardiac arrest requiring CPR.
2. The number of comorbidities and complications in surgical patients is associated with CPR rates.
3. Cardiac surgery patients have the highest incidence of CPR perioperatively, however,...