1. This genome-wide association study (GWAS) has shown a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) on chromosome 1 to be associated with coronary heart disease in individuals with type 2 diabetes, but not in individuals without type 2 diabetes.
2. The SNP identified in this study (rs10911021) is in the same...
1. In patients with stable coronary artery disease undergoing elective vascular surgery, preoperative revascularization does not significantly reduce short- or long-term mortality.
2. Patients undergoing revascularization experience significant time delays prior to surgery.
Original Date of Publication: December 30, 2004
Study Rundown: The CARP trial demonstrated that in patients with stable coronary...
1. Addition of percutaneous cutaneous intervention (PCI) to optimal medical therapy for patients with stable coronary artery disease does not improve mortality or cardiovascular outcomes
Study Rundown: The COURAGE trial was the first to provide evidence that in patients with stable coronary artery disease, the addition of PCI to...