1. Successful discontinuation of immune suppression after hematopoietic cell transplantation may be less likely in the setting of peripheral blood stem cell grafts, prior graft-versus-host disease, and earlier discontinuation efforts.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Unlike after solid organ transplantation, immune suppression discontinuation is commonly attempted after hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT)....
1. Palliative care involvement helps lessen quality of life (QOL) decline compared to standard care during hospitalization for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
2. Patients treated with palliative care also demonstrated reduced symptom burden, depression symptoms, and anxiety symptoms.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: Hematological malignancies are complex diseases that affect...
1. Survival after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant was better in patients treated with cord blood than in patients treated with either HLA-matched or HLA-mismatched bone marrow or peripheral blood transplant.
2. Patients treated with cord-blood showed a lower risk of acute leukemia or myelodysplastic syndrome relapse than patients treated with...
1. Atorvastatin administration for both healthy donors and recipients of matched sibling allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) represents feasible and safe potential acute GVHD prophylaxis.
2. Further investigation is needed to determine the effectiveness of this strategy.
Evidence rating level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: Acute graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) causes significant morbidity...