1. Both ß-blockers (-0.92 mmHg, p<0.001) and nitrates (-0.63 mmHg, p=0.011) were associated with a significantly lower intraocular pressure.
2. Statins and aspirin were initially associated with lower intraocular pressure, but were found to be due to concurrent use of ß-blockers.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: In this study,...
1. Outflow facility in cadaveric eyes increased from a baseline of 0.28 ± 0.10 µL/min/mmHg to 0.44 ± 0.13 µL/min/mmHg after implantation of the Hydrus microstent (p=0.001).
2. Compared to cadaveric eyes implanted with iStents, eyes implanted with the Hydrus scaffold had a significantly greater increase in outflow facility...
Image: PD Human eyesight with glaucoma
1. Various concentrations of Rho kinase inhibitor K-115 decreased IOP after administration compared to placebo (p<0.05).
2. The only significant side effect was conjunctival hyperemia, which was painless and resolved within 6 hours.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: Rho kinase inhibitors are a promising new...