1. In-hospital mortality within 30 days of admission for COVID-19 was 48% (vs. global mortality 31.5%).
2. Increased age, underlying comorbidities and delay in admission were associated with an increased mortality rate among African patients.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed long-standing inequities in healthcare. Critically...
1. Analysis of the two distinct waves of the COVID-19 pandemic in Africa showed a more severe second wave with less stringent public health measures in place.
2. The pandemic had a diverse effect on the different regions of Africa, such as an increased prevalence of cases in the Southern...
1. Cash-back rebate program through South African insurer found economic incentives to increase healthy food purchases at super-market.
2. Purchase of unhealthy foods were decreased without a negative or positive incentive.
As rates of obesity and other metabolic diseases continue to rise throughout the world, considerable effort has been spent...