1. Flortaucipir-PET and CSF modalities for assessing tau pathology not only differ in results in early Alzheimer’s dementia (AD) but suprathreshold CSF P-tau may be indicative of early AD that is unrecognizable via cognitive testing.
2. CSF P-tau may provide evidence of disease progression that early fortaucipir-PET cannot sufficiently detect.
Electronic Cigarette and JUUL Use Among Adolescents and Young Adults
1. The use of electronic cigarettes is highly prevalent among adolescents and young adults through the advent of JUUL, which has unique implications for this young and susceptible age group.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Adverse effects of nicotine on overall health,...
1. Former National Football League (NFL) players with cognitive and neurological symptoms showed higher tau amyloid levels as detected on positron emission tomography (PET) scans than control patients.
2. No association between tau deposition found on PET scans and scores on cognitive and neuropsychiatric tests was observed.
Evidence Rating Level: 4...