1. There was no overall increase in systemic cardiovascular events with the use of antibodies to vascular endothelial growth factor (anti-VEGF) therapies in the eye (Avastin or Lucentis).
2. Subgroup analysis indicated a significant increase in clot formation with Avastin use and an increase in bleeding with age-related macular degeneration...
1. Fibrovascular pigment epithelial detachment (PED) and serous PED were associated with non-response to intravitreal ranibizumab treatment as determined by visual acuity testing.
2. Fibrovascular PED and type 1 choroidal neovascularization were associated with non-response as determined by fundus findings.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Image: PD Diabetic Macular Edema
1. Mean patient-reported visual improvement scores increased with ranibizumab monotherapy and ranibizumab + laser with an increase of 5.0 and 5.4 points respectively compared to the 0.6-point increase in the laser-only treatment (p<0.05).
2. 49.1% of patients undergoing ranibizumab therapy achieved a 5-point improvement, compared to...