1. In this single-center, cross-sectional study, longer time from injury to sports medicine clinic assessment was linked with an increased time to recovery.
2. Visual motion sensitivity symptoms were also significantly associated with recovery time in the analysis of this cohort.
Evidence Rating Level: 3 (Average)
Study Rundown: Concussion is a common...
1. From 1990 to 2014, the annual rate for soccer-related injuries increased by 111.4% in children 7 to 17 years of age.
2. The most common injuries were sprains/strains, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and concussions, while the most common location of injuries included the upper extremity, ankles, and head/neck.
1. High school girl’s field hockey teams were evaluated for injuries before and after the establishment of a national mandate to use protective eyewear.
2. The risk of sustaining an eye or orbital injury during girls’ high school field hockey was reduced by 3 times after implementation of the national...
1. Complete recovery from all concussion-related symptoms was achieved over a significantly longer time course by patients who participated in the highest amount of cognitively demanding activities.
2. Recovery duration was not associated with age, gender, loss of consciousness after injury, amnesia, or previous concussions.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)