1. Delayed subsequent denosumab doses were shown to increase the risk for vertebral fractures compared to on-time injection.
2. There was insufficient evidence to determine if with delayed dosing, fracture risk at other locations would be increased.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: Denosumab, a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the RANK...
1. Bisphosphonates and denosumab increased bone mineral density (BMD) in men receiving androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) for nonmetastatic prostate cancer, with denosumab also showing some evidence of vertebral fracture reduction.
2. Three trials for lifestyle intervention showed no statistically significant difference in BMD compared to exercise and standard care.
1. This systematic review demonstrated that in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis, bisphosphonates, denosumab and teriparatide were associated with a significantly reduced risk of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures, compared to placebo.
2. The comparative effectiveness of the different pharmacological agents available to treat osteoporosis is unclear.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)...