1. HLA-DRB1*07:01 and HLA-DQA1*02:01 are strongly associated with liver injury among patients with HER2+ primary breast cancer taking lapatinib.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: Lapatinib, a dual HER2/neu and EGFR inhibitor, is used as part of combination therapy for advanced or metastatic HER2-expressing breast cancer. Though previously well-tolerated,...
1. As a first-line treatment, afatinib shows increased progression-free survival as compared to cisplatin plus gemcitabine in Asian patients with EGFR mutation-positive non-small-cell lung cancer.
2. Afatinib-treated patients had more diarrhea and rash but less nausea and vomiting compared to cisplatin plus gemcitabine-treated patients.
Evidence Rating: 2 (Good)
1. Statin use was associated with a higher risk of cataract formation (OR 1.09; p=0.01). Length of statin use was associated with cataract formation, not dosage (OR 1.001; p<0.001).
2. Statin use is an independent predictor of cataract formation (OR 1.43; R2 = 0.52).
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)