1. Therapeutic anticoagulation with rivaroxaban or enoxaparin did not improve clinical outcomes and increased bleeding compared with prophylactic anticoagulation.
2. Net clinical benefit composite of death, thrombotic events, and major or clinically relevant non-major bleeding was not significantly different between groups.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: COVID-19 is associated with...
1. In-hospital COVID-19-related death was associated with older age, d-dimer levels greater than 1.0μg/mL, and higher Sequential Organ Failure Assessment upon assessment.
2. Median viral shedding in survivors was 20 days but was present until death in fatal cases.
3. Hypertension, diabetes, and coronary artery disease were the most common comorbidities in the...
1. Baseline D-dimer levels increase with age, increasing the test false positive rate without age adjustment.
2. Age-adjusted cutoffs increase the rule-out efficacy of the D-dimer screen.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: D-dimer levels are often used to rule out pulmonary embolism (PE). Negative D-dimer levels, less that 500µg/L,...