1. In-hospital COVID-19-related death was associated with older age, d-dimer levels greater than 1.0μg/mL, and higher Sequential Organ Failure Assessment upon assessment.
2. Median viral shedding in survivors was 20 days but was present until death in fatal cases.
3. Hypertension, diabetes, and coronary artery disease were the most common comorbidities in the...
1. Baseline D-dimer levels increase with age, increasing the test false positive rate without age adjustment.
2. Age-adjusted cutoffs increase the rule-out efficacy of the D-dimer screen.
Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good)
Study Rundown: D-dimer levels are often used to rule out pulmonary embolism (PE). Negative D-dimer levels, less that 500µg/L,...