1. Ziltivekimab lowered high-sensitivity CRP levels, a predictor of vascular events, compared to placebo in a dose-dependent manner.
2. Thrombotic biomarkers including fibrinogen, serum amyloid A, haptoglobin, secretory phospholipase A2, and lipoprotein were lower in treatment groups compared to placebo.
Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent)
Study Rundown: Prior studies, including the landmark...
1. In this secondary analysis of data from the CANTOS trial in 2017, canakinumab significantly reduced the incidence of anemia in patients with a history of myocardial infarction.
2. Among participants with baseline anemia, those who received canakinumab had significantly higher hemoglobin levels versus placebo.
Evidence Rating Level: 3 (Average)
1. Elevated levels of CRP, fibrinogen, and leukocyte count are associated with an increased risk of COPD exacerbations over one year.
2. There was a stepwise increase in the risk of frequent exacerbations over the 1, 3, and 5 year follow-up period based upon the number of biomarkers present.